| Work from home flexibility
Job Number: 2905
Technical Program Manager - SDLC
Atlanta, GA (Hybrid)
This position is responsible for overseeing and driving the successful execution and delivery of strategic IT programs and highly complex projects. The role collaborates with cross-functional teams, senior stakeholders, and executives to ensure program objectives are achieved, strategic goals are met, and value is realized from the portfolio of IT initiatives. They possess a strong strategic mindset, exceptional program and project management skills, and the ability to drive transformational initiatives.
Leadership and Strategy:
Program and Project Management:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in the management of large-scale IT programs and high complexity projects.
- Establish program and project governance, including methodologies, tools, and processes, to drive successful execution and delivery.
- Define program and project objectives, success criteria, and performance indicators to ensure alignment with organizational strategies and goals.
Stakeholder Management and Engagement:
- Develop program and project plans, including objectives, scope, deliverables, timelines, and resource requirements.
- Identify and mitigate risks, resolve issues, and make informed decisions to ensure program and project success within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Develop and manage program and project budgets, tracking expenditures, and ensuring financial accountability.
Agile Transformation and Leadership:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders at various levels of the organization, managing their expectations and ensuring their active involvement in program and project success.
- Facilitate effective communication and engagement among stakeholders, ensuring transparency and managing conflicts or escalations as needed.
Continuous Improvement and Process Optimization:
- Advocate for the adoption of agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban and ensure their effective implementation across programs and projects.
- Provide leadership in agile transformation initiatives, promoting agile principles, practices, and mindset.
- Mentor and coach project teams on agile practices, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, and innovation.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and optimization within program and project management practices.
- Drive the adoption of best practices, tools, and methodologies to enhance efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and learning within the program and project teams.
- Encourage the sharing of knowledge and lessons learned and facilitate process improvement initiatives.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to IT Project Managers and team members, fostering a high-performance and collaborative team culture.
- Promote knowledge sharing, collaboration, and innovation within the team, encouraging continuous learning and improvement.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field with 7-10 years of relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Demonstration of a solid foundation in project management principles, practices, and methodologies as it relates to software development.
- Experience leading large-scale IT programs and projects with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office especially Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly competent in estimating, planning, tracking and reporting project status, while managing change requests and project scope
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to effectively work with both technical staff and business process owners
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously and independently
- Excellent facilitation skills in a team setting
- Strong attention to detail
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s Degree
- PMP certification
- Scrum certification (CSM, PSM, or equivalent) is highly desired, showcasing expertise in agile project delivery.